Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tried and tested........... (Part 1)

I have been super busy with so many things that sometimes I wonder what is it that is making me so busy to begin with. Well, one of the things I was up to was actually testing out supplements and products to see how good they are. So here are a list of things I have been trying and the outcome.

1. Tiox-C Glutathione and Vitamin Capsule tablets.



At first when I saw this product I was skeptical. Oral glutathione and vitamin C? But since it was provided in gelatin capsules, it would survive the acidic PH of the stomach. I took some for the clinic and some of my patients tried it out. I gave a box to my sister, and she took 10 capsules a day at different intervals. (The recommended was 2 capsules daily). In one week she was fairer than me by at least 2 shades. Anotehr patient took 4 tablets a day, and she was fairer after 2 weeks, despite spending some time in the sun over that weekend. Besides the fairness, my patients also commented on the brightness of the skin and healthier glow. So I decided to try it out, so I am currently on my 2 week and I think I am a tan lighter compared to usual. This product is from Japan but packed in Malaysia. The bovine gelatin capsules are from Pakistan, and has a Halal certification. Other benefits of this product is that it is a good anti-oxidant and was actually promoted as a supplement for detox. One box comes with 90 tablets with 150mg of vitamin C and 150mg of glutathione in each one. The price for a box is around RM 328/= which is pretty good since you have 90 tablets to take. So instead of going for vitamin C injections, you can take orally for cheaper with results. You can get this product in my clinic.

2. Linurase Serum from Phiderma
This is a new product in town called Linurase. As the name entails it is designed to erase wrinkles and lines. Fine ones that is. I have tried this product for about more than 2 weeks everyday twice daily application without fail and this is what I think about it. First of all, the product is in a serum form. It absorbs quickly within 2 minutes. Initially I had a little bit of a tingling from using this product but after a few days it felt better. After a few minutes, I do notice my wrinkles improving, even the dynamic ones. They claim to be better than botox or BTA, but after 2 weeks, I'd say that they are competitive, but you need to apply daily to get the best effect. Once you stop, the muscle action will return and expressive wrinkles will come back again. Nevertheless, it is a good alternative for people who have needle phobia or not keen to get BTA/botox done yet. Daily usage of this serum actually stalled some of the wrinkles on my forehead, until I stopped a few days ago to try out another product. The lines came back after a few days. After reading more about the active ingredient, you need to use it consistently for more than 30 days to have a lasting effect. It contains Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 which acts on the same acetyle choline receptors as bta/botox thus blocking muscle actions. Other ingredients are Hyaluronic acid, anti-oxidants and seaweed biopeptide extracts. If you are interested with this serum, you can contact my clinic and we will order for you. It is selling at RM 300/bottle which may well last up to 3 months.
3. Double X from Nutrilite



Previously being on stem cell supplements and later HCG diet has actually turned me into a pretty health freak where I am seriously into organics and reducing artificial colourings, flavours and sugar based foods. But stem cell supplements are expensive, and it would be not so ideal for people of the working class to take on a monthly basis. So I scoured the internet for solutions and I came across this particular brand of multivitamins. Nutrilite actually has the largest organic farm in the states, and has passed accreditation for few years already. (4 or more) My major turn off was the fact that it was sold under Amway which is a multi-level company. However, being a curious and caring doctor, I decided to search for it anyway and give my opinion on it. I have been taking this vitamin for almost a month now and for what it is, it is super affordable. (RM 150 per box of 62 X 3 tablets for non Amway members). What I felt after taking these vitamins is that my energy level came up again, despite my super busy schedule. I looked less tired and these changes started perhaps after a few days after taking them twice daily and after a week I felt healthier. What I really like about it is the fact that they divide 2 separate doses in a day which is actually what is recommended by all Nutritionists and dieticians since 3 years ago. The reason for this is that the gut has a saturation level for all nutrients so if you were to take too high a dose at a time, you will only absorb as much as the saturated level allows thus wasting the vitamin. Another good thing is that they separate vitamins from minerals which allows accurate concentrations to be achieved since in processing a lot of the minerals get binded by the vitamins - e.g. sodium to vitamin c - ascorbate and others. They even added a third component which is more of a traditional preparation but known to have good benefits like cranberry extracts, apple extracts, etc as anti-oxidants to complete the multivitamin. The only thing is, you cannot take this on a completely empty stomach since when I tried, there was some reflux felt, so I'd recommend some food before taking them, but definitely not on a full stomach. Another downside would be having to swallow 3 hard tablets which I know there are some people who do not like popping pills. But otherwise, this is certainly a keeper to maintain on a daily basis for good health. Personally I do not sell this, but if you are interested to get some you can contact my clinic and we will get you in touch with my friend Ed.
These are but a few of the other things I've been testing. I welcome any feedback or comments.
For more information or if you would like to try out these products you can contact my clinic at 03-21440080 or email to info@faceworksclinic.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment