Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lipo-V - New Mesotherapy on the block.

Mesotherapy is back on the block as a way to remove stubborn localized fats. Yes peeps, localized not generalized. During the last IMCAS in France in January, there was much hype about the reemergence of mesotherapy as a modality for treatment.

Fat areas and weight loss has always been an area of interest for me since I was previous really overweight and I have bulge issues. So when a friend of mine introduced this new mesotherapy line from Korea, I was skeptic but curious.

The older generation mesotherapy usually requires multiple treatments done at weekly intervals to get a good result and sustain the effect. Usually you require between 2-10 vials per area (depending on area size) and the treatments are done weekly 5-10x. The usual problems with the previous mesotherapy is bruising that can be unsightly and for double chins, it can be very tricky.



Skeptic but curious, I was fortunate that they were having a mini launch and workshop to introduce this mesotherapy. The training was done in KO skin center in Klang and as many as 50 doctors attended the talk and training conducted by Dr Seo from Korea together with his colleague Mr Joseph (Korean too). 

This mesotherapy line is called Lipo-V and it comes in 2 sets. One is Lipo-V for face specially designed for double chin and to remove face fatty areas (yes, you can also sculpt those chubby cheeks). The second line is Lipo-V body which comes with an additional drainage  vial and is used for body parts.


Attendees during the workshop 

The brochures and before after testimonials were pretty impressive. Dr Seo showed some of his Korean patients pictures and how he has used Lipo-V to create a more 3D less chubby look. It is not ethical to snap photos of other doctor's patients and post it on online, hence why I don't, but even for an experienced aesthetic practitioner like me, I was pretty impressed. I was also thinking of how many Malaysians can actually benefit from such treatment. What impressed me the most was the immediate effect which gets better over 3 days and the lack of bruising. Bruising is always a challenge when it comes to doing mesotherapy around the face, since patients will feel uncomfortable if they get bruises and need to hide them.


With Dr Ko and the Korean team, Dr Seo, Mr Joseph and sorry but I really didn't get his name lol. 

There was a live demo session which was impressive because of the skill and speed of Dr Seo in doing the patients. There was also a demonstration of using PLLA threads in contrast to PDOs but I'll talk about them in much detail in another entry.

 Of course, we definitely need to take a wefie.....

So, being the curious cat I am, I volunteered myself as a demo subject. The area of my concern is of course, the tummy. After 2 natural childbirths and gaining like 30 kilos per pregnancy, it is a big issue to tackle. The method of administration was via cannula technique, hence reduces injection points and pain. This also contributes to less bruising. They used a total of 8 vials on my whole tummy with 2 vials on the top, 2 vials on the sides and the 4 for my lower tummy area. 

Did it hurt? Well, I did feel a sharp sensation, and a little bit of acidic feel which was not entirely painful but not so comfortable either. However, since Dr Seo was very fast, it was acceptable. The problem afterwards was more related to the lidocaine content in the syringes because they actually pumped me up with 2mls X 8 syringes of 2% lidocaine which gave a total of 16 mls of 2% in one shot. I had tongue numbness and lightheadness which also made me feel a bit giddy and unsteady on my stilettoes. I drank 3 bottles of mineral to wash out the effects, and after 4 hours only my tastebuds were better. It was pretty funny because I had spicy banana leaf in Nirwana Bangsar, and I felt that it was not spicy and lacked sweetness when my kids where complaining that it was a tad too spicy. 

So I guess, my advice to the doctors is to be a bit careful with the lidocaine content. I guess anything more than 5 vials, we should cut back on the lidocaine to 1 ml instead of 2. Result wise, I think it is pretty impressive. They advised me to do RF or any high frequency device on the same area after 2-3 days. I took the liberty of taking daily photos to observe the changes. The quality is not super super excellent but you can make out the difference. The lower abdomen improved so much after 1 session, but the best would be after 3 sessions.


My tummy from day 0 to day 3
I asked Mr Joseph about the longevity of the results. The results are good even up to a couple of months pertaining that you do not over eat and do regular exercise. Personally, I was happy with the results because from experience, usually I would require 2-3 sessions of mesotherapy to achieve what I achieved in 1 treatment. The combination with RF makes the results even better and I think it should be done together. The best part is the lack of bruising and soreness that you usually feel after a conventional mesotherapy treatment.

Ingredient-wise, this product is plant base thus adheres to certain sensitivities related to animal products. The best results is after 3 treatments, which is good since most mesotherapy courses take up to 10 sessions. The safety of the product? Well, because it is plant base and hypoallergenic, there is no restriction to the use of vials per session. The only thing doctors need to watch is the amount of lidocaine mixed into the solution.

Perhaps, the only setback is the cost of the treatment. 1 vial is charged at roughly RM 600 and you may need between 2-10 vials per sitting. However, you only require 3 sessions as compared to 5-10 of the normal mesotherapy. When you add it up, it is just about the same but with the results you want, and almost no downtime. Plus the mesotherapy is so safe, you can use it almost anywhere you want. As for face, you need perhaps 2-4 vials just for double chin, and to reduce cheek volume perhaps another 2-4 vials per session (because you have left and right obviously). Another interesting usage is to reduce gland swelling which is common in Asians due to high consumption of spicy foods. Depending on the doctor and technique for the face a vial will cost between RM 600-RM1000 because of the technical difficulty and clinical experience. Yes people, different doctors have different skill levels. The more experienced and well trained a doctor, the fee is usually slightly higher. (Actually we have a standard range for our professional service).


I am pretty much excited about this new product especially after testing the product on myself. So, how much is it? For an introductory offer prices are as follows:
      
            Face : 6 vials at RM 3000 ( 5+1 offer)
                       12 vials at RM 5500 
                       20 vials at RM 8500

            Body : 1 set consists of 2 vials i.e. fat lipolysis and drainage which will be injected
                        together
                        10 sets at RM 5000 (NP RM 6000)
                        20 sets at RM 8000 (NP RM 12000)
                        30 sets at RM 9000 (1 box at 50% discount, NP RM 18000)

Hurry quick.... Offer ends soon. For more information or to book treatments contact us at drmmclinic@gmail.com or send a whatsapp or text to +60129660852 and we will respond soon. Not to be missed.







No comments:

Post a Comment